1. Mix the oil with all the spices, garlic and
lime juice together into a paste.
2. Make cuts into the legs and breasts of the
bird and rub in the marinade. Leave to marinate for 1-24hrs in the fridge.
3. Pre heat the grill and grill pan to high.
4. Place the spatchcocked chicken directly
onto the bars of the grill pan and cook for 20-30 minutes flipping over occasionally
to cook the chicken thoroughly. The chicken is cooked when its core temperature
reaches 75C or when the juices run clear.
5. Serve with limes and smoky paprika rice.