1. Mix the soy, honey, salt, pepper and oil together in a large bowl and add the chicken drumsticks.
2. Marinate for 20 mins – 4hrs.
3. Put the carrot and cucumber in a heatproof bowl. Put the sliced red onion in another heatproof bowl.
4.Heat the white wine vinegar in a pan, add the sugar and a pinch of salt, dissolve completely. Once dissolved, pour half over the carrot and cucumber and the other half over the red onion.
5. Leave to pickle for at least 1hr. Remove from the pickling liquor before serving.
6. Preheat the oven to 200C, 180C Fan, Gas 4.
7. Place the chicken and soy glaze on a roasting tray and into the oven.
8. Cook the chicken for 30-35 minutes, basting the chicken every 10 minutes until sticky, glazed and fully cooked. The chicken is cooked when its core temperature reaches 75C or when the juices run clear.
9. Sprinkle the cooked chicken with sesame seeds and serve with the pickles.