Pre heat a deep fat fryer to 160C
1. In a large bowl mix the buttermilk and eggs together and beat until smooth.
2. Add the chicken pieces to the buttermilk and leave submerged for 2hrs minimum, but overnight is best.
3. Mix together the flour and all the spices in another bowl.
4. Drain the chips from the water and leave to dry partially.
5. Fry the chips, until they are soft and a light golden colour. Remove from the fryer and place on kitchen paper to drain.
6. Lift out the chicken from the buttermilk, remove excess buttermilk, place the chicken in the spice and flour mixture and coat well with flour.
7. Fry the chicken pieces at 160C until they are a deep golden colour. The chicken is cooked when its core temperature reaches 75C or the juices run clear.
8. While the chicken is frying, boil a pan of water and cook the corn cobs for 5-8 minutes.
9. Mix the chipotle paste with the butter.
10. When the chicken is a beautiful golden colour, remove from the fryer and place on paper to drain.
11. Heat the oil to 180C and place the chips back in the fryer, cook until golden and crisp.
12. Drain the corn cobs and coat in chipotle butter, serve the chicken, chips and corn with coleslaw and a light beer or a can of pop!