Preheat the oven to 220C, 200C Fan, Gas 7
1. Place the potatoes in a pan of cold, salted water and bring to the boil. Simmer until soft, about 15 mins. Drain and leave to steam.
2. Rub the chicken all over with olive oil, salt and pepper. Place on a baking tray and put in the oven for 25 - 30 mins, until golden and crispy. The chicken is cooked when its core temperature reaches 75C or when the juices run clear.
3. While the chicken is cooking, mash the potatoes into a pan ideally through a ricer, although a standard masher is perfect too.
4. Place over a low heat and add the butter and cream and stir together until the cream and butter has been incorporated and the mash is smooth and creamy, season with salt and pepper to taste. Set aside to keep warm.
5. Boil the corn in salted water until cooked, about 8-10 minutes. Turn off the heat and leave in the hot water.
6. Remove the chicken from the oven, set aside.Put the tray on the stove over a high heat. Add the chicken stock and whisk together. Reduce by half.
7. Mix the cornflour with the gravy browning in a cup to form a paste. Add to the stock in the tray and whisk until thick, season with salt and pepper to taste.
8. Drain the corn and cut off the kernels
9. Serve the chicken with mash, corn and
gravy, garnish with thyme leaves if desired.