Preheat the oven to 220C, 200C Fan, Gas 7
1. Heat a griddle pan on a high heat for 4-5min, meanwhile rub the chicken with oil, salt, pepper and thyme leaves.
2. Sear the chicken of both sides to achieve the griddle lines, add the garlic bulb and more thyme and place the pan into the oven for 15 mins. The chicken is cooked when its core temperature reaches 75C or the juices run clear.
3. Remove the pan from the oven and add the butter to the pan to melt.
4. Spoon the garlicky, thymey liquid over the chicken breasts repeatedly until the butter has stopped foaming.
5. Cover with foil and rest for 5 mins in the pan.
6. Serve with a mixed green salad and boiled new potatoes.
7. When serving, spoon the pan juices over the chicken.