Our Head of Sales and Marketing, Ben has been cooking up a feast again – this time it’s Chinese style Salt and Pepper Chicken and King Prawn. We’re not quite sure how he fits making culinary delights into his manic diary in the run up to Christmas, but we’re very grateful to him for sharing the recipe with us.
Two chicken fillets diced
300g king prawns
One tbsp of mirin
One tbsp shaoxing
One tsp mince garlic
1/2 tsp sesame oil
One tbsp minced ginger
One egg whisked
One cup cornflour
- Mix together all the above and add the chicken and prawns.
- Leave to stand for 15 mins.
- Batter should be thick but lightly coating.
- Deep fry in batches till golden and leave to rest on a wire rack.
- In a wok fry off two onions sliced and one pepper (colour of choice) until cooked but firm.
- Add back in the chicken and prawns and stir fry for two minutes till heated and add 1 or two tbsp of salt and pepper seasoning to taste (I use Kerala Chinese salt and chilli pepper that you can buy at Home Bargains). Fry for a further minutes till well coated and caramelised.